Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Can’t Believe We Are Here!

I just can’t believe we are here! This is my dream trip come true.


The flight landed at 3:30 am our time, 8:30 am London time. By the time we got to the hotel, it was 5:00 am our time, so we just went to bed, and woke up around 3:30 pm local time.



Mom continued to nap, and I went to explore. We are right in the heart of London! The hotel is older and a little shabby, but the staff is very nice. I walked one block toward the Thames, and this is what I saw:














Victoria Gardens, I think. I’m still sleepy…














I think you know what this is, three blocks from our hotel!
Can you read it? Westminster Station!















Then I went back to the hotel and picked up Mom. We walked to Covent Gardens, two blocks away, and then went out to dinner, not at this pub. But the photo is fab!





















We are calling it an early evening to get accustomed to the time change, 5 hours different, and so we will not get tired out.
I can’t believe we are here!

No comments: