Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 2 in Manhattan.. so (sew) much to see and do!

This week I moved into my studio! I can't make it up all the stairs carrying things yet, but I CAN climb without stopping all the way to my door! YAY! Here's what it looks like:



















Cozy! Sunny! and here's the view out the window:








The corner is 6th Avenue and 9th street.
Wonderful!




The same day I went to Martha's Book Launch and made a tote bag. It was really fun, I had a great time. Take a look:





Once my bag was complete I toured all the demonstrations, and this beautiful lady added stenciled artwork to my bag! It became unique, and I have been using it on my further journeys around the city.

I took many more photos, and saw Martha in person. It was really wonderful to be at this event, I am just so happy to be in NYC!



















Did I mention I got a sewing machine out of the deal? It's a very nice Singer, and man, was it complicated to carry up the stairs.... there was a bit of resting on the landings... but my mom told me this was ok to do!

I borrowed this photo from Martha's blog of my teacher with Martha on the Today Show, my classroom photos did not turn out so well.

















I loved the Martha Stewart offices:
















Fabric being viewed by one of my tote bag classmates.

I took my bag to Battery Park yesterday... and then went to Purl Patchwork to get more supplies to make more bags. They are not a luxury, they are a necessity, especially if you want to stay "green."

Coming home from the Battery:
Look closely, that's the Empire State Building in the background. How incredible this is!! I still can't believe I'm here! It's just great!

The weather is beautiful, sunny and cool. Spring in Florida is just one day of weather like this, here it seems like it will be weeks and weeks. The flowers are blooming! One last image to leave you with:


No comments: