Tuesday, November 30, 2010

August 4 was my last post?

I must have been really busy!! Of course I was! AND it was hot! Where did that heat go?? It's very difficult for a Floridian here now (and "they" (New Yorkers) keep telling me it's not really cold yet!

Here's the update:

In August I found a permanent place to live, in the Far West Village. It is wonderful! I have a great room-mate (the owner of the apartment) who is really easy to live with, and funny! I am a block away from my favorite park - see previous posts on the Hudson River Park for details.

Then I went to Detroit and drove my mom and two of her friends to Niagara Falls! I had never been there before so I was very interested in seeing this wonder of the world!
















Here we are...





















We went on the Maid of the Mist boats... Mom didn't like it, but she sure looked cute in her rain gear!
















I bet you didn't know that Niagara on the Lake is a BIG winery location. We went on two tours, one at a small restored home that was just incredible! The owner loved antique cars, and we had fun talking "Detroit" with him and touring the property.































Then it was back to NYC, move into my new home and get ready for Melinda and Ryan's Wedding!! That will be the next post!

No comments: